[Wien] min_lapw & lapw0_mpi incompatible?

Steven Homolya Steven.Homolya at spme.monash.edu.au
Sun Aug 3 10:52:13 CEST 2003

Dear all,

Q: Is min_lapw incompatible with mpi parallel version of lapw0?

I use mpi for lapw0 and k-point parallel for the rest. To optimise
internal structure I use

$ min_lapw -i 10 -j "run_lapw -p -cc 0.0002 -fc 0.5"

After the first converged scf calculation I get:

grep: can't open case.output0

followed by abother message saying all forces are zero. But the forces in
the scf file are much greater (10+mRy/bohr) than the tolerance (1mRy/bohr)
in the case.inM file.

--
Steven Homolya
School of Physics and Materials Engineering