[Wien] Address Errors solved - parallel execution next

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Tue Aug 5 12:43:58 CEST 2003

The scripts are zero bytes??  There are usually two versions, e.g., lapw1para and lapw1para_lapw, and one is just a link to the other.  Maybe that's what you mean?  In case they are really missing, just copy them from $WIENROOT/SRC to $WIENROOT.

At the end of lapw1para, you will find a big loop which starts the parallel tasks.  There should be an instruction like
if ($useremote == 1) then
($remote $machine[$p] "cd $PWD;$t $exe ${def}_$loop.def;rm -f .lock_$lockfile[$p]") >>.time1_$loop &
else ...

Here you add a section like

if ($useremote == 1 ) then
if ($machine[$p] == machine1) set remoteoptions = "-l user1"
if ($machine[$p] == machine2) set remoteoptions = "-l user2"
$remote $remoteoptions $machine[$p] "cd $PWD ..." >> ...
else ...

of course you would replace machine1, user1 etc by the names relevant for your situation.

Maybe this is too simple and it won't work, but you can try!

Good luck,

Kevin Jorissen.