[Wien] question about parallel run

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Aug 12 10:39:23 CEST 2003

> > Make your 2 cents worth a few euro (or Australion $ in your case ;-) ): I
> > think the Vienna people will be happy to include improvements to the UG if
> > users provide it. So if you think that a part can be improved and if you
> > feel that you're able to do it, then just write it down. That's how we all
> > can contribute our little bit to making the code easier to use for all of
> > us.
> >

> Trouble is I myself am unsure how to use the .machines file to its
> fullest. I found out as much as I needed to know from the digests and a
> bit of trial & error.

The primary source of information should be the usersguide, in particular if
it does not concern "technical" problems (compiler,.....)

Type    help_lapw

and the pdf file should be opened. When using acroread you can search with
^f .machines       or ^f parallelization   (or simply check the "Content").

If you find anything unclear in the description of the .machines file
let me know.