[Wien] FSGEN

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Aug 16 09:19:05 CEST 2003

> I think you are right it has to do with the w2web interface, where they
> (Joachim Luitz) have hidden somehow which klist is going to be used (lapw1
> -band).

Nothing is "hidden". w2web even gives the name it uses for the klist
one line above.

x lapw1        uses  4 ... case.klist
x lapw1 -band  uses  4 ... case.klist_band

Have a look into lapw1.def

> > I did tried using unit 5 in TiC.in1 in the band calculation (on w2web) but
> > the following error message appears (I remember that unit 5 must be used
> > in
> > the band calculation for WIEN97):
> >
> >    K-Vectors must be read from unit 4
> >    for parallel execution!
> >    Change setting in TiC.in1!

You have still selected parallel calculation in w2web, and parallel
calculations REQUIRE using unit 4 (and cannot read the kmesh from
case.in1).
Unselect the "parallel" icon.