[Wien] Energy cutoff

翠玉 耿 cygeng77 at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Aug 18 09:54:37 CEST 2003

Dear prof.:
        thanks a lot, I understand it now.

Peter Blaha <pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
> In some references it is said that Energy cutoffs of 13
> and 100 Ry are employed for the plane wave basis and star
> functions to describe the wave functions, charge density,
> and potential in the interstitial region, respectively.
> I think Energy cutoff of 13 Ry is Kmax2, but what is Energy
> cutoff of 100 Ry?

No.
These "units are used to characterize PW-pseudopotential calculations.
Remember the free electron gas: E = k**2

Thus the PW cutoff of 13 Ry "corresponds" to our RKMAX.
Suppose our RMT=2.0, than RKMAX=6 coresponds to E=9 Ry, RKMAX=8--> 16 Ry

The charge densty cuttof 100 Ry corresponds to our GMAX = 10.

Regards