[Wien] Optics with spin-orbit interaction

whoming whoming at sohu.com
Sat Aug 23 09:43:43 CEST 2003

Dear P.Blaha and Vidya Ravindran,

           I am still some confused by my result of spin-polarised optic caluculation with SO
coupling of bcc-Fe.
           My calculation sequence is almost the the same as Vidya's except that I didn't chage
TETRA to ROOT in the third step, because the USERGUIDER book suggests TETRA.
          But  I have got totally different case.jointup and case.jointdn, not the same as Dr.Vidya's
result.
          I have checked that the case.vectorsoup and case.vectorsodn are different, but case.weightup
and case.weightdn are the same.
          I have also done x opticc -so -up and also x opticc -so -dn. The case.outmatup/dn files are
different, so after x joint -up/x joint -dn the case.jointup/dn are not equal too.
          According to Prof. P. Blaha's explanation, up/dn should be the same in the SO calculation,
because the mixer of spin up/dn.
          So what should I do to get the correct optical properties in such case? How can I get the
contribution from spin-up and spin-dn?And how to get the total contribution from both spins?
          I am really confused. Many thanks for your help!

Yours,
Whoming