[Wien] .machines file

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Aug 29 09:10:17 CEST 2003

Hi,
I think that in your case, I'd distribute the k-points using k-points parall. first, i.e., make a machines-file containing four lines like
1: {machines to use for this k-point}

Since 8 processors is already quite something, and 48 atoms is not so horrible, maybe just one node per k-point?  So, sth like
1: node1 : 8
1:node4 : 8

This will use 8 processors on one node for each of the four k-points.

Of course, if the network is fast and you don't need the other nodes for other things, you can add more.

And then add some more lines to the machines-file, like granularity:1, and lapw0:{some machines}, and maybe extrafine ...

You can ignore the hup-error ; if it bothers you, just find the line in the beginning of run_lapw or runsp_lapw or other scripts where the hup-command is given, and delete that line (it's not necessary).
The 'lapw1cpara'-command not found IS a problem : is your $WIENROOT-variable configured correctly?  On all the machines?
Go look in the /paci/ucsd/u11341/WIEN/inst/ directory and see whether you can find lapw1cpara there, and check whether it's available with the same name on all your machines.

Hope this helps you ...

Kevin.