[Wien] supercell problem

Jailton Almeida Jailton.Almeida at fysik.uu.se
Mon Dec 1 17:36:29 CET 2003

Dear All,

I have a case with tetragonal unit cell in rutile structure (a=b, c)
and then I built up a supercell 1x 1x 2.
After I checked the new positions, the number of inequivalents atoms and
also broken the symmetry
replacing one atom by impurity.
The problem is when I start the calculation the nn program complains
about multiplicity and creates
a new struct file but if I use the new struct file the sgroup program
change the shape of the structure
to triclinic cell. Moreover,  if I keep the old struct file the sgroup
change the lattice constants and creates
an orthorhombic base centered cell.
Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Jailton

*   Jailton Almeida                   *                                      *
*   Condensed Matter Theory Group     *           Phone: +46(0)18-471 35 32  *
*   Department of Physics             *           Fax:   +46(0)18- 51 17 84  *
*   Box 530, Uppsala University       *   Email: Jailton.Almeida at fysik.uu.se *
*   SE-751 21 Uppsala, Sweden         *        http://www.fysik4.fysik.uu.se *