[Wien] segmentation fault(core dumped)

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Dec 2 10:03:57 CET 2003

It has been said a gazillion times before, but here it is again.

Your program is trying to access a memory page or address that is not
valid. So either you have too little memory available, a compiler or
kernel error, or it is given because of one of the limits in your shell
-- or your struct file is wrong. Try to compile with -O0
(minus-the-letter-O-zero) and see if it happens again. If not, it is a
compiler error...

In general, we need more information to be able to really help... like
OS, compiler, settings, system, etc.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.