[Wien] accuracy problems

Sorin Lazar S.Lazar at tnw.tudelft.nl
Thu Dec 4 14:09:37 CET 2003

Dear prof. Blaha,

Sorry that I wasn't  more explicit about the calculation. Actually the
tests were performed by a colleague of mine.
He said that he used the test case TiC from the user guide. He did the
calculation on various machines(Athlon, Opteron, G4 with Absoft) and he
always got the same results.
By incorrect he means that the calculation doesn't converge in 20 cycles
(usually needs only 7 cycles on any other machine) the total energy jumps
by a big amount (+/- 0.1-0.01 Ry) the same for charge distance (jumps) and
the fermi energy is completely wrong.
He compiled also without optimization and the results are the same.
If you need more details or some files let me know and I will ask him to
send you what you need.

thanks,
Sorin