[Wien] from C-1 to P-1

B. Yanchitsky yan at im.imag.kiev.ua
Mon Dec 15 16:58:34 CET 2003

> I tried to transform space group of C-1 to P-1 using the following relation:
>
> Al<-->A2 ===========> (x, y, z)+(0.5, 0.5, 0.0)

I'm not sure of what minus one means  here, but for example C1 and P1 are
different nomenclatures for the same group. C1 comes from Schoenflies
set of symbols and P1 is international (Hermann-Mauguin) symbol. Another
possibility (but most unlikely case) that C1 (group #1) is referred to the
international nomenclature, and C means C-base centred type, this is very
nonstandard setting for triclinic lattice. If minus one means inversion, then
you have group #2, but for this group Ci label is used instead C-1. P-1 is
international symbol for group #2. Most probably you have no need for any
transformation, at least from my point of view.

Regards,
Bogdan