[Wien] Plotting surface potential

Marco Schowalter Marco.Schowalter at ua.ac.be
Thu Dec 18 14:13:04 CET 2003

Dear Dr. Stolbov, dear Prof. Blaha,

I use the same routines (lapw0 and lapw5) as Dr. Stolbov to calculate
the coulomb potential of semiconductors on . I am using WIEN2k_03
(Release 18/01/2003) and I can hardly imagine  that such a feature is
present in my version. However I want to check this. So Dr. Stolbov,
could you please send me your struct file, the picture of the groove and
maybe the corresponding in5 file. If I have understand it right, what
you wrote, I should see an effect when I average the coulomb potential
in slices perpendicular to the slab direction. But this is not the case
for me (see attachment, the y-axis shows the distance in Angstroem). So
that would mean that there is no problem in the scf in my version.
Please correct me when I am wrong

Prof. Blaha, what do you mean with the "printing of vcoul does not work
any more"? Is there only a change of the format or are there wrong
numbers in vcoul?

Dr. Stolbov, did you change TOT to COUL in the in0 file ? Because I only
get the coulomb potential in vcoul if I have changed this before in in0.

Best regards

Marco Schowalter

Email: blaha at theochem.tuwien.ac.at    WWW:
http://info.tuwien.ac.at/theochem/