[Wien] e-test: subscript out of range

Ingo Loa I.Loa at fkf.mpg.de
Thu Jul 3 12:22:58 CEST 2003

Dear Stefaan, dear Ad,

I had the same problem for quite a while on Suse 7.x and Athlon. In our
case, the problem seem to have originated from problems with NFS mounted
file systems (only showing up in WIEN). To overcome it, I added a "sleep 1"
at the beginning of the script "testconv" to get some extra time for
synchronizing the file systems. Hardly any problems since then.

Our local computer wizards told me recently that Suse 7 has become widely
known to have some NFS troubles with Athlons. There should be fixes
available. Upgrading to Suse 8 may also be an option.

Regards,
Ingo

At 11:54 03.07.2003 +0200, Stefaan wrote:

> > I just installed Mandrake Linux and wien2k without any problems,
> > but after the third iteration of the calculations wien stops with the
> > error message
> >
> > e-test: subscript out of range
> >
> > Has anyone an idea?
>
>I'm very happy to see this message [sorry :-) ], as finally somebody might
>have encountered a problem similar to the one that is bothering me (and
>apparantly only me) for years. On Athlon + Suse (and only there, no problems
>on P-IV + Suse), the first two iterations of any scf-cycle stop with the
>following message (see bottom line, there you see your e-test message) :

Dr. Ingo Loa
Max-Planck-Institut für Festkörperforschung, Stuttgart
Heisenbergstr. 1        //   D-70569 Stuttgart   //   Germany
Tel. +49.711.689-1469   //   Fax. +49.711.689-1444
I.Loa at fkf.mpg.de        //   http://www.mpi-stuttgart.mpg.de/hd