[Wien] Bandstructure not matching DOS

Moises Iglesias Gonzalez famoises at usc.es
Tue Jul 8 11:16:08 CEST 2003

Dear Dr. Andersen:

  Thanks for your quick answer.

> Did you input the correct Fermi energy to Spaghetti?

  The value we are using is taken from the case.scf.

> If yes, we need some more information... conducting how? Just a few
> bands crossing the Fermi level, or did the gap disappear?

  Although there are not many bands crossing Fermi level, this corresponds
to non-zero occupation in the Fermi level, and that's not what we find in
the DOS plots, so perhaps something was missing in the calculations or we
are making something wrong. We can send you the postscript file with DOS
or bandstructure if it's helpful.

 Any other suggestion?.

 Thanks again.

Best regards.
M. Iglesias

--
Moises Iglesias (Ph.D. Student)     Electromagnetism-Applied Physics
34-981-563100 Ext: 14020      15706 Santiago de Compostela-A Corunha (Spain)