[Wien] plotting conduction state densities

Georg Madsen georg at chem.au.dk
Wed Jul 9 08:26:23 CEST 2003

Say you want to plot the first unoocupied state at some k-point:

calculate a vector file for just this point. Then modify .in2 so that you add
two extra electrons (for non-spinpolarized) and set the cutoff energy to just
below the energy of the state you want to plot. run lapw2. You'll then get a
clmval with a density corresponding to this state that you can run through
LAPW5

 Best wishes Georg

remember to change back .in2 or you'll get a crash that you'll spend hours
trying to understand next time you run something in this directory...
He says bitterly :-)

Citat Fred Nastos <nastos at physics.utoronto.ca>:

> Dear Wien2k-users,
>
> I think I can plot valence densities properly, but I'd like to be able to
> plot
> some unoccupied bands.  Can I modify the procedure to do that?  How do I
> do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

Georg Madsen