[Wien] parallel calc. without NFS

Kevin Jorissen kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Jul 9 11:28:23 CEST 2003

Hi Stefaan, wake up ! ;-)  We've had this conversation before.
If the number of parallel jobs is not equal to the number of machines, then
we have to make sure lapw2 uses exactly the same machine for each particular
job as lapw1, otherwise we may get crazy results.  So :
*either you have to rewrite lapw2para to take care of this (= what I did)
*or you have to make sure that number_of_jobs=number_of_machines (=what you
do), by setting the weights for the machines in such a way that the sum of
all weights is equal to the number of k-points.

Kevin.