[Wien] plotting conduction state densities

Fred Nastos nastos at physics.utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 10 03:18:31 CEST 2003

The results from both methods suggested to obtain unoccupied density plots
agree.  Thank you.  One more question though:  I've been trying to find out
how I change the contour line colo[u]rs.  I've looked around, and can't find
the right gnuplot command for this.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I
would like a contour plot with black lines.  I do not need the labels.  It's
not crucial, it's just that the laser printer down the hall is black&white
and yellow lines don't show very well.  :)

Thank you very much,

Fred

On July 9, 2003 07:57 am, David Pankhurst wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> You can do this using the ALL switch in case.in2.  Adjust EMIN and eval
> (see the usersguide section on lapw2) to calculate the "density" in the
> range you are interested in, x lapw2 and then x lapw5.
>
> Hope that answers your question.
>
> best,
>
> 	Dave
>
> On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Fred Nastos wrote:
> > Dear Wien2k-users,
> >
> > I think I can plot valence densities properly, but I'd like to be able to
> > plot some unoccupied bands.  Can I modify the procedure to do that?  How
> > do I do that?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Fred

> +---------------------------------+------------------------------------+
>
> | Dr David Pankhurst,             | Tel : +44 1865 283325/283326       |
> | Department of Materials,        | Fax : +44 1865 273789              |
> | University of Oxford,           |                                    |
> | Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3PH, UK  | david.pankhurst at materials.ox.ac.uk |

Fred Nastos
Ph.D. Candidate

Department of Physics		Tel: 416-978-4364
University of Toronto		Fax: 416-978-2537
60 St. George Street
Toronto, ON  M5S 1A7

Web: www.physics.utoronto.ca/~nastos