[Wien] How p-DOS calculated?

whoming whoming at sohu.com
Fri Jul 11 05:51:57 CEST 2003

Dear Kevin and other USERs,
        Thank you very much for your kind  comments.
And I have get the things clear. In p3splt or d5splt it shows
clearly the idea of p-DOS calculation. Now I still have a question
on the neglect of interstitial contribution. Can I do a projection of
the it onto the d- or p orbital by doing <d | vector > ? Then it will
count all the
space not only in the Muffin-Tin sphere.
         In another famous ab-init program CASTEP, it has no the
idea of Muffin-Tin sphere but pseudo-potential  and both have
the idea of plane-wave. But in CASTEP it can give out the d-
or p- partial DOS. So I think in WIEN it can do so too. But
who give me any idea of how to do <d | vector> projection in
WIEN?
         Thank you!
Yours,
whoming