[Wien] parallel calc. without NFS

Torsten Andersen Torsten.Andersen at Fysik.UU.se
Mon Jul 14 09:14:47 CEST 2003

Steven Homolya wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 04:02 pm, Peter Blaha wrote:
>

>>PBS must give you some local jobspace and you must be able to figure this
>>out (probably in some variable like $PBS_JOBSPACE  or so).
>>
>>Use this jobspace and copy the main files into a new "local" directory
>>at the beginning of your job-script. Then all the "sed" is done locally.
>>

>That is what I'm doing at present. The problem is that $PBS_JOBFS (jobspace
>path) is different on every node, so I can't use more than one node (4 cpus)
>for one calculation.

as long as it is still called $PBS_JOBFS, it doesn't matter where it
points to, as you just use the variable name in your path specification,
i.e.,

setenv SCRATCH $PBS_JOBFS

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen
Department of Physics, Condensed Matter Theory Group, Uppsala University