[Wien] still trouble compiling

Kevin Jorissen kevin.jorissen at ua.ac.be
Fri Jul 25 14:23:06 CEST 2003

See an e-mail from S. Cottenier from some weeks ago:
I had the same problem today. It seems something changed from mkl5.2 to
mkl6.0: now mkl contains a function lsame, and accidentally another function
with the same name is already used in lapack_lapw1.f. That causes a
conflict.
You can solve it by renaming all the 229 occurences of LSAME in
$WIENROOT/SRC_lib/lapack_lapw/lapack_lapw1.f by another name (e.g. LLSSAME).
For instance by using emacs:

emacs lapack_lapw1.f
F4 (the key)
LSAME
LLSSAME
!
Ctrl-x Ctrl-c

And then compile everything.

I assume the authors will have to make a similar change, in order to keep
wien2k compatible with mkl. As said earlier today: "Intel cleverly keeps
changing mkl every few weeks..."

Stefaan

Kevin.