[Wien] Address Errors?

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 29 11:45:20 CEST 2003

> After recompiling Wien2k (after several attempts it suddenly compiled
without
> errors - no idea why)

So you are not sure whether you really have a working version. If you work
on pc's, install the precompiled executables as well. Then you can check
whether your errors are due to your particular compilation or not.

> I try to get familiar with Wien2k by running the
> examples. Sadly enough, I keep running into "Address Errors". Sometimes
when
> running the SCF-cycle, sometimes when trying to calculate the electron
> density, for example. The error-messages just tell me:
> **  Error in Parallel LAPW1

A better idea for getting familiar with the code, is playing with the
*serial* version first. One step in complexity at a time... Check the
behaviour of the precompiled executables.

Stefaan