[Wien] inconsistency between lapw1 and mini?

Veerle Vanhoof Veerle.Vanhoof at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jul 31 13:20:59 CEST 2003

Dear Wien user,

I think I encountered a small inconsistency between lapw1 and mini. It concerns the test for overlapping spheres.
In one of my calculations mini accepted a structure in which the nearest-neighbor-distance between 2 inequivalent atoms was exactly equal the sum of the muffin-tin-radii of the 2 atoms:

RMT(31)=2.10000 AND RMT(32)=2.10000
SUMS TO 4.20000  LT.  NN-DIST= 4.20000

So, a new scf-cycle was started, but lapw1 refused this same structure due to overlapping spheres.
Is it possible that mini tests for sum {RMT} <= NN-distance  and lapw1 for sum {RMT} < NN-distance ?

Thanks!
Veerle Vanhoof

Veerle Vanhoof
  Katholieke Universiteit Leuven