[Wien] Error in Vorb

thomas.mazet mazet at lcsm.uhp-nancy.fr
Thu Jun 19 15:26:10 CEST 2003

Hie Stefaan,

 No I'm not aware of papers about LDA+U calculations in pure Fe. Thus, if
you can give me some references I'm very interested! (if their are papers
which compare LDA+U and SO for 3d (metallic) systems, do not hesitate to
also inform  me)

Furthermore, I have other questions about HHF in Wien and the effect
of the various "options" available in Wien (SO, OP, LDA+U, RLO ...) and
their influence/usefulness on HFF and magnetic moment computations (as I
underlined before, I'm not yet "familar" with the physics of all these
"options"...):
- Peter Blaha answered me that OP is useless for p states at least for
3d elements. Is it still true for heavier elements (4d 5d....) ?
- Do you know if it is possible to include OP for more than one l per atom
?
- The HFF dipolar Field is not necessarilly collinear to the contact
field. How could that appear in Wien ?
- When considering a RLO, does the contribution from the p1/2 orbital to
the spin density at the nucleus significantly alter the contact
contribution to HFF compare to its scalar relativistic value ? (If yes,I
suppose it again depends on the atomic number?).

I hope not to be boring ...
Thank you in advance.

Thomas