[Wien] Question!

Ma Chi Chiu martin at yangtze.hku.hk
Sat Jun 28 09:33:38 CEST 2003

Hello,

Actually, I am cacluting a polymer with 70 atoms in the unit cell. I have
faced 2 questions as below:

1. I always get WIEN97 stopped after LAPW0. The reason stated in dayfiel
is "lapw1  -c   (15:43:19) Filesize limit exceeded". Then, I found that
the ".vec" file is larger than 2GB (the filesize limit of Redhat linux).
Is there any ways to reduce the size of ".vec" file?

2. If my target is the bandstructure of my molecule but I am not sure the
geometry of my molecule. Is it I should perform both "Optimize internal
param." and "Optimize Vol. or c/a" ? If it is so, which one should I
perform first?

Thank you very much

Martin