[Wien] error about shared libraries

Jeff Spirko spirko at lehigh.edu
Sun Jun 29 22:34:25 CEST 2003

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 10:04:54AM +0800, Li Yonghua wrote:
>        I am use Wien2k_03, My operate system is RedHat9.0. I have add the
>    patch for compile.

>    But When I run nn it give this message:
>    error  while  loading  shared libraries: libpgc.so: cannot open shared
>    object file: No such file or directory
>    I  dont know what it meaning, Could you please tell me  how to resolve
>    it?

Go to your $WIENROOT directory and run "ldd lapw1".  If it tells you
that libpgc.so is not found, you need to put it in your library
path.  Run "locate libpgc.so" to find it and (as root) copy it into
/usr/local/lib or /usr/lib.  Then (as root) run "ldconfig -v".  That
should solve your library problem.

--
Jeff Spirko   spirko at lehigh.edu   spirko at yahoo.com   WD3V   |=>

The study of non-linear physics is like the study of non-elephant biology.

All theoretical chemistry is really physics;
and all theoretical chemists know it. -- Richard P. Feynman