[Wien] error about shared libraries

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jun 30 09:00:50 CEST 2003

> > > I am use Wien2k_03, My operate system is RedHat9.0. I have add the
> > > patch for compile.
> >
> > > But When I run nn it give this message:
> > > error while loading shared libraries: libpgc.so: cannot open shared
> > > object file: No such file or directory
> > > I dont know what it meaning, Could you please tell me how to resolve
> > > it?
> >
> >Go to your $WIENROOT directory and run "ldd lapw1". If it tells you
> >that libpgc.so is not found, you need to put it in your library
> >path. Run "locate libpgc.so" to find it and (as root) copy it into
> >/usr/local/lib or /usr/lib. Then (as root) run "ldconfig -v". That
> >should solve your library problem.
> >
> Dear Jeff
>     I cant find the libpgc.so in my system. and I find it is a new lib file
> which needed in Wien2k_03.I f anyone have this file , please give me one.

I doubt that it has to do with WINE2k_03.

Which compiler do you use ? ifc or pgf90 ?  Which compiler options, what
libraries do you link ?

I have a libpgc.a which comes together with the pgf90 compiler.

I suspect the problem is Redhat 9.0, which has a new incompatible clib ?
Is static linking necessary ?

There were some discussion and fixes in the mailing list (about 1-2 month ago).

Regards