[Wien] mkl + debian

Stefaan Cottenier Stefaan.Cottenier at fys.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Jun 30 16:03:29 CEST 2003

> Few months ago I obtained mkl libraries as a tar file...
> (rpm would be better for me it's easier to install), but since I did not
> visit the intel site.
> Are you sure that you cannot obtain tar file?

Yes, the tar-file can be obtained from the Intel site. But does somebody
could figure out what the licenses really mean? If you carefully read the
screen text before downloading, you read that you can get this mkl version
"for evaluation and research". However, unlike ifc, there is no specific
non-profit license for mkl. Who knows whether mkl is really free for
academic use?

For installation:

1) be root
2) put the proper *.lic file in /opt/intel/licenses
3) run the install.sh script and answer all (few) questions with defaults

And that should work.

Stefaan