[WIEN] DOS question

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Nov 5 16:25:33 CET 2003

> I tried to calculate the electronic structure of KI. However, when I
> integrate the density of states up to the Fermi level, I found that it
> does not equal to the number of electrons. What was the problem? I also

How did you integrate the DOS ? Numerical Integration of the DOS curve is
too inaccurate.
case.outputt contains the inegrated DOS as function of energy.
Maybe your E-min set in case.int  is too small ?

> got warnings in the SCF cycles:
>
> :ENE  : *WARNING** TOTAL ENERGY IN Ry =       -60104.219684

If this WARNING exists also in the last iteration, I would NOT neglect it,
unless I understand where the WARNING comes from.
Look into the scf file. Most likely the Fermi-integration does not
work correctly.