[Wien] bandstructure on slabs

Michael Gurnett michael.gurnett at kau.se
Sat Nov 8 21:29:49 CET 2003

Yes, first thing I did was optimised the bulk unit cell, than created slab
and then ran mini to minimise forces. The position of the surface atoms
agree well with previously reported data. The structure in the z direction
does not have inversion symmetry, which means the only way I could have the
same reconstructions on both sides is to created an artificial intephase in
the middle in which I simply mirror the slab (this did not seem like a good
idea at the time).

The slab is relatively thick so there is no "leackage" between the H side
and the top "interesting side". I'll give it a go at see what I can figure
out.

Thanks for the helping words

Mick