[Wien] lapw1c ERROR

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 10 17:24:26 CET 2003

> I have just compiled Wien2k on a new machine which is dual Opteron
> processor with PGI and SuSE linux 8.2 .  There are some errors in various
> programs but I was interested in lapw1 which was successfully compiled .
> When I tried to use it after a while I have got the following error message :
>   "Cholesky INFO =
> 'SECLR4' - POTRF (Scalapack/LAPACK) failed
>
> What is the possible reason for this error?

Many reasons are possible. System: memory ?, "limits", swap space ?
Compiler:
a) Which blas/lapack did you use ?
   I think to remember that the pgi compiler once had problems with the
   numerical accuracy. A special compiler option was necessary.
   Try without optimization or with other flags.

b) An input error. For instance when you specify the same atom twice in
   case.struct