[Wien] ML archives

buero at luitz.at buero at luitz.at
Wed Nov 19 09:56:51 CET 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Jorissen Kevin wrote:

> I've noticed that, although my e-mails seem to reach the ML just fine,
> they are impossible to read in the (new) archive pages.  It seems I
> can read everyone else's e-mails there. Does anyone know why, and how
> I can solve that?

Dear Kevin,

it seems that your mailer or your mailserver is responsible for
the "weird" display. From your headers I gather that you are using
M$ Exchange:

Maybe you could try to change the character set from UTF-8 to
ISO-8859-15. UTF-8 is uses 2-byte encoded characters, which is not handled
properly by all mailers.

Hope it helps,
  Joachim

(  luitz.at - Interfacing Art, Science and Technology       )
(  Büro für Informationstechnologie                         \
 ) und Technisches Büro für Technische Chemie                )
(  Dipl.-Ing. Joachim Luitz KEG         Tel: 022  31 61254  (
 ) Wohlmuthgasse 18                          0676 31 61254   )
(  A-3003 Gablitz                       Fax: 022  31 67443  (
 \ http://www.luitz.at                      buero at luitz.at   )