[Wien] Problem in parallel execution..

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Nov 24 14:01:07 CET 2003

> I am finding some problem to run wien on a IBM-SP which have each node
> with Shared Memory Processors. It uses Poe and LoadLeveler oftware
> packages to run parallel programs. I am using a script to run my
> program but the program stops with this error in lapw1.error file..
> **  Error in Parallel LAPW1
> **  LAPW1 STOPPED at Sun Nov 23 21:50:37 PST 2003
> **  check ERROR FILES!
>
> It also says that..
> mpirun: Command not found.
>
> Is there any problem with the script or with lapw1para script?

No there's no problem with the lapw1para script but with your setup.

You should not say

> poe runsp_lapw -p

but only        runsp_lapw -p

However, during    siteconfig_lapw   you were asked to configure
mpi-parallel WIEN and you must specifiy   poe instead of mpirun,....

You need to configure the mpi-parallel run properly during siteconfig
with the IBM specific commands.