[Wien] k-parallelization III

Bertoni Giovanni giovanni at cemes.fr
Wed Nov 26 11:08:51 CET 2003

Dear users,
thank you for the suggestions, but I have still problems
I'm trying the parallelization on my computer (red hat linux, 2
processors)
then I will do on the one with more processors...
I have done all the suggestions you told me:

- I have the line in /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain

- I put the lines in .machines

1:localhost:1
1:localhost:1

and nothing else

I'm not sure but I think I have not shared memory.
in the doubt, I have done:

1) siteconfig with shared memory

the parrallel_options file is

setenv USE_REMOTE 0
setenv WIEN_GRANULARITY 1

2) siteconfig with no shared memory, tryng rsh and then ssh

the parallel_options file is in the 2 case (rsh and ssh)

setenv USE_REMOTE 1
setenv WIEN_GRANULARITY 3

in this case I made a .rhosts file in my HOME directory (is it
allright?) with the line

localhost

Ok... then in all the cases I have now

/usr/WIEN2k_03/lapw1para: Permission non accordée.
0.000u 0.000s 0:00.00 0.0%      0+0k 0+0io 27pf+0w

when I do: x lapw1 -p

I think .rhosts is needed in the case of a remote rsh login shell (the
manual says that this is usually the default on linix system... isn't
it?)
I have the same problem if I put the real name or address of the machine
I think the problem is a problem of remote login, as you told me...
How can I know my remote login shell?
please tell me
thank you
giovanni