[Wien] core dumped

Yi-Der Lee ylee at swri.org
Tue Nov 25 23:27:22 CET 2003

Hello,

I tried to run the sample problems: TiC and Fccni and have problems to run
through these. The problems are summarized in the following. They are run
under HPUX11.11 with enough memory and hard drive space. Did anybody
experience such problems before?

=============
For "TiC," w2web issued an error message saying "Segmentation fault (core
dumped)" when running "initialize cal." at "x kgen" step. However, the
execution for "run SCF" went through and I can see the final 3D surface plot
as shown in the manual. The reason why the execution went through is
probably picking up the sample input decks.

For "fccni," w2web issued the same error message saying "Segmentation fault
(core dumped)" when running "initialize cal." at "x kgen" step. The
execution stopped later when running "run SCR." The error message indicate
"lapw1: error".

Any hints will be most appreciated. Thanks!

Yi-Der Lee, Ph.D.
Materials Engineering Dept., Div. 18
Southwest Research Instittute, San Antonio, TX
Phone: 210-522-3640, Fax: 210-522-6965