[Wien] GMAX and LAPW0 problems

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Fri Nov 28 10:17:53 CET 2003

> calculations were realized in k-parallel mode.
>
> A final test was carried out with RKMAX=3, GMAX=20 and in
> serial mode. In this case the calculation was correct !!!
>
> Could you give me any suggestions about how to find the
> origin of that problem in k-parallel calculations?

Now you give a little more info!

Serial mode works! Paralell lapw2 does not.

In parallel lapw2 is called several times and produces  case.scf2_1, _2,...
and case.clmval_1, _2,...

How are the charges in these files? These charges are summed up in a small
program sumpara.

If they are zero, the error is already in the parallel lapw2.

Execute    x lapw2 -p
and look for any messages and compare the output2* files with the sequential
run.