[Wien] big system stop at lapw0

georg at chem.au.dk georg at chem.au.dk
Sun Nov 30 22:55:58 CET 2003

NMATMAX isn't used by LAPW0. So my guess was NCOM
Do
grep allocate *.f *.F | grep ncom
in SRC_lapw0.
You'll see a lot of arrays dimensioned as:
(1:NRAD,1:NCOM,1:NAT)
so the memory use scales linearly with NCOM.

Another problem could be the number of PW used. It's a little difficult when so
little information is provided.

  Georg