[Wien] Fermi-error

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 7 13:15:55 CEST 2003

> when I am trying to run for a system reducing volume by 50%..
> than after giving rub_lapw, code is giving this error in lapw2
>
> Fermi_error
>
> I am unable to understand reason for this. Kindly give me suggestion,s
> what can I do........

Under such high compression the value of the Fermi energy will raise
(because of the way we determine the Energy-zero). Thus at a certain
pressure the default E-window (states up to 1.5 Ry) will be too small
and lapw2 crashes, because there are less states than number of electrons.

Edit case.in1 and increase the energy window (last line).
You may also need to adjust the E-parameters (or use -in1_new)

Regards