[Wien] Wien2k with load-distributing systems

Jorissen Kevin Kevin.Jorissen at ua.ac.be
Wed Oct 8 10:31:31 CEST 2003

Hello Michael,
just an idea :

lapw1para starts jobs on remote machines using the command
($remote $machine[$p] "cd $PWD;$t $exe ${def}_$loop.def;rm -f .lock_$lockfile[$p]") >>.time1_$loop &

in your case, $remote = ssh, $machine is one of your machines, $PWD is just the case directory, $t is the time command, $exe = 'lapw1(c), $def_$loop.def = lapw1_i.def, $lockfile = some number, $loop and $p are indices labeling resp. the job and the machine.

Instead of changing remote to bsub ssh, it might be more useful to change exe to bsub lapw1.

In the beginning (say after one page or so) of lapw1para, you 'll find a line that says :

set exe = lapw1$cmplx

Maybe you can change that to set exe = 'bsub lapw1$cmplx'  ?? Apart from that, don't change anything.

I'm just guessing here, b ut maybe it's worth a try.

Let me know what happens !

Kevin.

PS if it works, do the same thing in lapw2para.