[Wien] re-useing previous charge density gives strange total energy

Hu, Qing Miao qmhu at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Mon Oct 13 16:38:55 CEST 2003

Dear WIEN2K users,

In my previous calculations using Procedure 2, for the first Rmt*Kmax, I
used the switch '-in1new 3', and for the subsequent Rmt*Kmax, I did not use
the switch but used the *.in1 file with new energy parameters, El,
generated in the calculation for the first Rmt*Kmax.
Just a monment ago, I checked Prodedure 2 again, and used the default energy
parameters for all the SCF calculation. Now, the results is OK.
Does the energy parameters have so significant effect on the total energy?
In fact, the new energy parameters are not so different from the default
ones:
Default                        new
globle    0.3                0.12
0           0.3                0.035