[Wien] Optimizations for IBM p630 Power4+ anyone?

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Wed Oct 15 11:40:26 CEST 2003

Dear all,

before I start playing with compiler options, I would like to know if
anyone out there has some good optimized options for the IBM p630. The
installation is like this:

IBM p630 with 4 Power4+ and enough memory for Wien2k, I think.
AIX 5.1 with jfs2 filesystem and the 64-bit kernel
Fortran xlf 8.1.1
essl 3.3

I am still waiting for the essl 4.1...

as a beginning, I used the default options, then "-O5 qarch=pwr4", but
both seems to give terribly slow code. Of course I link with the essl.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.

--
Dr. Torsten Andersen                     TA-web: http://deep.at/myspace/
AG Hübner, Department of Physics, Kaiserslautern University, and