[Wien] AFM LaMnO3

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Thu Oct 16 16:21:20 CEST 2003

> >     2. Should I flip spins in case.inst if now I want to try  only
> >     spin-polarized calculations?

> 2. If it is the antiferromagnetic structure that you are interested in: Yes

I'd say that if you have made the AFM calculation and now wish to check it
with a usual spin-polarized one, you need not change the inst file, as it
is used only for initialization of the calculation. Simply make the SP
calculation and it will start the stages for spin down instead of copiing
files in AFM. Even "save" procedure is not necessary, though desirable in
order to watch better the convergency.

Best regards
  Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of            |   Tel.(home):   7 (3412) 442118
Ural Branch of Russian Ac. of Sci.   |   Tel.(office): 7 (3412) 218988
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132        |   Fax:          7 (3412) 250614
RUSSIA                               |   E-mail: lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su