[Wien] Magnetic moments!!

Lyudmila Dobysheva lyu at otf.pti.udm.ru
Fri Oct 17 16:15:26 CEST 2003

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 zufengxia at sohu.com wrote:

> I am calculating an ferromagnetic system including metal-ion Ni, the magnetic moments of Ni are 2.21 according experimental data, while my results show it is only 1.59, and the parameter Rmt=2.0 for Ni,which has already reach the maximum.
> How to increase the magnetic moments of Ni? What parameters should be changed ? Would you please give me some suggestions?

You are saying about spin magnetic moment only, maybe in your compound
there is a contribution of the orbital moment. An example for
antiferromagnetic NiO, some different schemes of calculation and the
experimental data are given in
PHYSICAL REVIEW B    VOLUME 62, NUMBER 1 p.73   1 JULY 2000-I
Unquenched large orbital magnetic moment in NiO
S. K. Kwon and B. I. Min

Best regards
  Lyudmila Dobysheva
Phys.-Techn. Institute of            |   Tel.(home):   7 (3412) 442118
Ural Branch of Russian Ac. of Sci.   |   Tel.(office): 7 (3412) 218988
426001 Izhevsk, ul.Kirova 132        |   Fax:          7 (3412) 250614
RUSSIA                               |   E-mail: lyu at otf.fti.udmurtia.su