[Wien] Total energy vs temperature

Yue Hai haiyuechina at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 18 06:03:15 CEST 2003

Dear users:
   One system AB with structure transition (from cubic to tetragonal)at
temperature Tc. The total energy of cubic (E-cubic) and tetragonal
(E-tetra) have been calculated with GGA+SO method with wien2k(other
parameters are all same, both are paramagnetic and so not spin
polarizatioin). Can we relate the energy difference between E-tetra and
E-cubic to the transition temperature Tc:
       (E-cubic)-(E-tetragonal)=N*(3/2)KTc
    where N is the total number of the atoms in the unit cell

  if not, how can we estimeate the Tc in wien2k

Yours
  Hai