[Wien] Pt atom in a box

xn22 at drexel.edu xn22 at drexel.edu
Mon Oct 20 18:13:33 CEST 2003

The problem is that you used GGA ex-potential. You will get converging very fast
if you use LDA. The reason is that it has second-derivative in GGA which leads to
sharp osscillation for small density area in vacuum region but no problem with LDA.
You can avoid this kind problem by following two methods:
1. Reducing the mixing parameter as small as possible (1x10^(-4)). You need to test
how small is ok for different system;
2. Occuping the vacuum region by filling as many empty spheres if you really need
GGA-ex. Otherwise just use LDA.

Good luck.

Xiliang Nie