[Wien] LDA+U

Sergey Streltsov streltsov at optics.imp.uran.ru
Mon Oct 27 12:24:55 CET 2003

Dear Wien users.

I've got a question on LDA+U.
I would like to get different spin state configurations (High, Intermediate
and low spin state) for a some compound in LDA+U and after that comare their
energies.

Thus, I need to change appropriate occupation or orbital potential matrices.
It is obvious that changing of the orbital potential matrices is an easiest
way, because in this case I should not think about a total number of
electrons conservation. I've just tried to get low spin state from usuall
LDA+U in Wien by a simple copying of case.vorbdn to case.vorbup. But it does
not work.

So, where could I change Potential Correction Matrices in LDA+U
by hands ?

Best regards,

Serg Streltsov.
Institute of Metal Physics.