[Wien] compilation problem

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Oct 28 11:48:13 CET 2003

> pgf90 -Mfreeform -fast -Kieee -c vdrho.f
> PGF90-F-0007-Subprogram too large to compile at this optimization level
> (vdrho.
> f)
> make[1]: *** [vdrho.o] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/senapl/WIEN2k/SRC_lapw2'
> make: *** [real] Error 2

Did you see this message ?

Aparently your pgf compiler version has problems with this small program ?

Change compiler optimization options (-fast) to something else. You must
consult your compiler docu.

PS: The Intel ifc compiler (although it also has its problems with different
vrsions / version of clib,...) together with the mkl library is usually
superior to all other compilers (see also our faq page on the web).