[Wien] k-list: how to modify it?

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Thu Oct 30 15:56:02 CET 2003

Dear Giovanni,

the "weight" is a symmetry-related number. Wien2k calculates the results
for the irreducible wedge of the Brillouin zone, and the weight is then
used to give results for the full Brillouin zone.

The other numbers are integer k_x, k_y, k_z, and a divider that tells
about the coordinates for each k-point. The divider normalizes the k_x,
k_y, and k_z to be in the range [0:1].

Was that clear enough? Otherwise, read the code for kgen, and Blöchls paper.

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.