[Wien] LDA+U

stargmoon stargmoon at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 03:08:51 CET 2003

Dear all,

Recently I try to use the LAD+U in wien2k. I just follow the userguider, after doing ''runsp_lapw" I firstly switch on the spin-orbital coupling, after a few self-consistent iterations  (not converged) I switch on the LDA+U. However, I got very crazy energy difference at the second iteration after switching on the LDA+U, it is about 1475.00. I checked the case.scf file, and found the energy to separate the valence states and semicore got to be -999.00, then the ghost bands. Could you give me some idea about what happened?

Thanks in advance!

Stargmoon