[Wien] (no subject)

Peter Blaha pblaha at zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Sep 22 11:16:59 CEST 2003

> I am using Wien2k using a absoft compiler. I have been trying to load the
> w2web application but have been unsuccessful. I would like to know the
> process to follow so that i can start using the w2web. The instructions
> provided with the users manual were not sufficient for me to load w2web on
> my machine. Any advice from you is appreciated.

I suppose you could run siteconfig. Were there any error messages ??

Then: did you run  userconfig  ??  Any error messages ?

logout/ login

echo $WIENROOT       does this give the proper path to the WIEN2k programs ??

w2web            The first time you were asked some questions like username,
                 hostname, portnumber.    Did it work ???

now use your www browser and connect to    hostname:portnumber
Of course you must remember which port you selected !!??

w2web is not in Fortran, so it has nothing to do with your compiler.