[Wien] NAN in outmat

Torsten Andersen thor at physik.uni-kl.de
Tue Sep 23 09:23:09 CEST 2003

Dear Emeka,

as was suggested by J. Y. Rhee, it might be the local orbitals from
APW+lo that are causing the problem. If I remember correct, "optic" only
works with the LAPW basis set (somebody correct me if I am wrong, plz).
The procedure to get correct results (also in the non-NaN cases) is to
change case.in1c (STOP 1 should be changed to STOP 0, and CONT 1 to CONT
0), then rerun lapw1 (or lapw1c up and dn) and lapwso (if you use
spin-orbit) before running "optic".

Best regards,
Torsten Andersen.